I made these French Vanilla cupcakes infused with the Earl Grey Creme blend and they were a huge hit. Not only did my kitchen smell better, the flavours bursting out of one cupcake was insanely beautiful. This tea blend also made the cupcakes much more moist. The flavours were a perfect match.
|1 cup||unsalted butter, softened|
|2 cups||white sugar|
|2 3/4 cups||flour|
|2 1/4 tsp||baking powder|
|2 tbsp||pure vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your cake pan, or line your cupcake tin with paper (whichever route you'd like to take)
- Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat the butter for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and beat another 3 minutes. One at a time, begin to add the eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Start adding the flour mixture one cup at a time, and alternate with the milk; ending with the flour mixture. Add the vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add your Earl Grey (that has steeped for about five minutes) into the mixture while giving it one last good mix. Pour into prepared cake/cupcake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or when a knife/toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let them cool for about 10 minutes before icing. I didn't use anything special when I made mine, I finished off a Betty Crocker French Vanilla icing tin. Still tasted amazing.